The district of Stann Creek and Toledo are Belize’s version of the “wild west”. Teeming with opportunities to experience the authenticity of Afro-Caribbean and Maya culture, the southernmost districts are also the most untouched and pristine of them all. Travel back to a time where living off the land was the only way of life and the magic of nature prevails.
Dangriga, Hopkins and Placencia are the hubs of Stan Creek, while Punta Gorda is the capital of Toledo.
If you find yourself “down South” be sure to visit:
- The Gulisi Garifuna Museum
- Warasa Garifuna Drum School
- The cockscomb basin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Tobacco Caye
- Bocawina National Park
- Laughing Bird Caye National Park
- Rio Blanco National Park
- Placencia Village Side Walk
- Maya House of Cacao
- Nim Li Punit and Lubaantun Archaelogical Sites
- Southwater Caye